About a week ago, another Abominable Book Club box fell arrived at the doorstep and again it contained lots of good stuff. Read on to find out what was in the March box!
About Abominable Book Club
Our boxes now come with THREE exciting reads; the first is our featured book release in the Thriller/ Horror subgenres, chosen by us, which can be discussed throughout the month on our forums!
The second is a random book in the horror or thriller genre, gently used and supplied to us by a mysterious benefactor known as Brother Usef, Head Curator of the Accursed Library. We are not entirely sure why, but we feel deeply compelled to include these books in our boxes!
Our third read will alter from month to month.
We are proud to announce that we are partnering with the UK-based horror fiction magazine ‘Black Static’ (TTA Press) and we will be including new issues in our boxes on a bi-monthly basis starting with our February Box! Owen has long been subscribed to Black Static and is consistently impressed with the incredible array of talent found amongst their pages. We hope you feel the same!
In the boxes between Black Static’s, we will be sourcing an indie e-book to include in our boxes, from self-published and established genre writers alike – so if you’re a writer and you can offer bulk e-book codes, then get in touch!
We also include a fancy artisan chocolate or snack (sourced from local independent chocolatiers and confectioners here in Wales) in order to make those nocturnal reading sessions a little bit more comfortable. We will also give you a hot drink or two to wash it down!
The Abominable Book Club contains all the dark magic of a haunted bookshop, summoned directly to your doorstep!
What I got in this month’s box:
- Some delicious Welsh cakes and guys, they’re a new obsession of mine. The reason this post only includes one photo, of the books, is because I ate all the Welsh cakes before I even thought of taking a photo! Last weekend I made my own and typing this made me remember that I wanted to make some more this weekend!
- A spookmark with a macabre short story
- Some tea and hot chocolate
- An art print with the story “Beth Gêlert, or the Grave of the Greyhound” by William Robert Spencer on the back.
- E-book: The Harvestmen & Other Unnatural Creatures by Split Lip Comics
- New book: Foe by Iain Reid
- Second-hand book: The Face by Dean Koontz
I really can’t wait to dive into the books!