Although autumn is meteorologically already here, the weather doesn’t necessarily make me want to crawl underneath a blanket with a steaming cup of tea and a big book. In other words: it’s still too warm! However, that doesn’t mean that I’m not already fantasising about all the things I want to do this coming season.
What I want to do this coming Autumn:
- Buy Autumn-y scented candle(s): this involves candles that smell like baked apples, cinnamon. Just any warm scents really!
- Collect pinecones, acorns etc.: I love to bring nature into my home. Besides that pinecones, dry leaves and everything Autumn make great photo props!
- Go for lots of walks in the woods: I really want to experience Autumn to the max. So what can be better than a walk in the woods to admire the colours and the crunch of the dried leaves beneath my feet?
- Decorate the house (for Halloween): we don’t really celebrate Halloween here in the Netherlands, which saddens me quite a bit. Last year I was hopeful and bought a pack of candies to give away, but no children came. So this year I want to bring Halloween to my house anyways by decorating the living room with subtle ghosts and pumpkins!
- Carve a pumpkin: last year I finally carved my own pumpkin and I absolutely loved it! I went for a classic design back then, but this year I’m ready to go for something a bit riskier 😏
- Bake a pumpkin pie: I remember loving my Grandma’s pumpkin pie and I’ve always wanted to make my own. Unfortunately, most recipes are with things that are normal in American stores, like pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices, but not in Dutch stores. This year, however, I will do my best to finally bake my own pumpkin pie. Can’t wait!
- Buy a pair of boots: it’s been such a long time since I owned a decent pair of boots! When I think of Autumn, one of the first things that comes to mind is “brown boots”. So I hope to find a cute pair that will keep my feet both warm and dry!